Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Red-winged Blackbirds

Warm ocean waves
gently pushing
and pulling me.
Smooth and sensuous
swallowing me,
wrapped in the womb of
a velvet cavity,
holding me in
some monolithic trance.
Rythmic, continuous
wandering, floating
moments controlling me
with tenderness.
But the peace is temporary,
the tranquility short.

The door flew open,
something cold engulfed me,
and the chill
in the humid night
paralyzed me.
Serenity was only an illusion,
street lights glowed
on the pavement
marking the truth
and the silence was broken
by screams in the wind.

Light pierced my eyes
while the moon slid
across the sky.
I tried to catch my breath,
it would not come.
Red-winged blackbirds
shot across my vision
and the night turned purple.
I could not close my eyes
the light caught my fluttering heart
sending electricity through
my body.
My hand flew back
against the lucid night
and its weight
rested on my weariness.

No comments: