Sunday, February 18, 2007

How I Met John - May 3, 1978

Thinking back - today John and I planned our June 8 anniversary with a trip to San Francisco to celebrate our 27th.

So I decided to tell you a tale of how John Lisco and Sarah Goodwin met.

On a nice spring evening in Lexington, Kentucky, I went out to dinner with a friend and we decided to go to Postlewaite's to hear The Hatfield Clan play some gritty jazz and blues. The pianist was my piano teacher, Lee, so I loved to come and listen to him play. It was tequila night, and things were hopping.

We found a table near the band and sat down with a drink to listen. I noticed a handsome guy across the room, with long dark wavy hair, an earing dangling, and faded jeans and vest. When the band took a break, I noticed Lee walked over to the handsome stranger to say hello. A few minutes later he made his way to my table to say hi, and I asked him who this guy was!

Turns out his name was John Lisco. I told him I wanted to meet him, and he said I should introduce myself. Well, I was a little concerned about walking right over to him, besides there was a woman on either side of him, and maybe one woman was a date?

My friend kept saying "go do it, go do it," so I went to the bar, bought a tequila sunrise and walked over to this person - John Lisco. I handed him the drink, told him my name was Sarah, and he could come over to talk if he wanted to. I then did a 180 to walk away as fast as I could and I heard his voice, "wait, don't go" and he touched my arm and asked me to stay.

The rest is history - 29 years worth of happy history.

No comments: