Saturday, November 18, 2006

March 6, 1975

I am thinking of Richmond, Ky., and being there today with spring just days away. The warmth of the sun reminding me of the days there with David, on Woodland Avenue. We made trips to Boonesboro Beach, trips into fantasies, and trips into ourselves. I miss David today, and I think of him often.

David Carter, you steal my control, my rationality. You are so damn beautiful to me. I'll never know why I left you, and why I waited so long, too long, to come back.

I went to David's house today - Colleen was at the door when it opened. "Hello, I'm Sarah," I said. "I used to go with David, I just wondered how he is doing?"

"Your Sarah Goodwin?", she asked, knowing of me.

"Yes."

"He's fine - he'll graduate in June."

"Oh, well tell him hello for me."

If she only knew how I feel when I see David, she would not have been so polite.

I will try to find him still...

No comments: