Sunday, May 06, 2007

And We Are Peaceful

Spring still,
The morning mist hangs low,
Nearly to the ground
As the day sorts out its desires.
The breeze picks up and
Waves the fresh, new lime leaves
Across the yard
With fragrances mixing
Honeysuckle and earth.
And skin tingling with
The day's promises.
I am ever so grateful
As the simplicity of the
Moment enraptures
And I smile away the hours.
Time for deciding
What goes on the canvas next
As my mind's eye views
A spot, a place
Another slice of what is
Real, yet only where finger tips
Meet the brush, and touches
The place where I hope
To cast - something, not sure.
Mac and Dori dance circles
Around my feet
And race down the stone steps
Into the green and inviting
Landscape, awaiting our pleasures.
Now it is so quiet,
The day is turning to night
As the sky grays and the air slows
And we are resting
And we are peaceful.

No comments: