Saturday, June 24, 2006

Patterns

You were right,
driving madly toward the Southwest
I saw colors in the trees
the red and gold
melted into honey.
I tasted the bittersweet
inference of fall today.

I thought about our transition
learning the movements
of direction taken
separately,
wondering at the complexities
of whom we seem to be.

Looking at you
across the table,
your eyes are always
that soft brown
searching into mine
to understand
my impulsive passions
and chaotic nature.

And perhaps wondering why
you took it upon yourself
to live with it
day after day...
and I kid you about
your sense of order
secretly wishing it would
somehow take a hold of me.

Then I could so well
decide my future
developing each day
seeing a tangible
consensus of meaning.

And what follows
is the energy
that loving creates
to allow differences
within the patterns of our lives
moving forward together.

No comments: