Saturday, June 03, 2006

Sky Observations

The wind blows my hair across my face
as I sit in my very old, comfortable clothes.
Dinner has filled my stomach
and I chew silently on my toothpick.

The sun manages a slight glow
through the dark, fast moving clouds.
The smallest buds are on the tree in the yard
with the potential for cool moments when
the summer sun bears down its heat.

The red Chevy in the sideyard hasn't moved for days -
perhaps it will come alive with spring.
Covers come off of wicker chairs
and rockers come out from indoors.
My dog prolongs her stay outdoors
investigating movement of squirrels and birds.

Such a day touches ones tender feelings
with a gentle sky and its caress
only moments after a hard wind and blackness.

Nature is just as one's own life -
each day is very beautiful.
Ride with the melancholy gray,
learn from the occasional bleakness,
soak the azure in while
gathering the fleeting moments of the sun.

No comments: